Getting everything together for the release of TM513 is a major effort. Here’s the current state of things as a list:
- 5.1 mix by Robert Rich: I haven’t heard this mix yet, but knowing Robert, I know it will be perfect. I gave Robert the freedom to create a fully-immersive soundstage, like you’re sitting right in with the orchestra. We’re still waiting for David Torn to send us his overdubbed parts, and this delay puts us back a few weeks, but to me it’s worth the wait and I hope you will agree.
- Stereo mix by Gusty and Thomas: I will send a last list of feedback which will get incorporated into the mix, then it’s done. Sounds wonderful! It’s extremely detailed.
- Score: Thomas has managed to format the score in such a way that it is much more readable. Once he sends me the files I’ll send out the PDFs to those of you who pledged for it.
- Artwork: Tobias and I have compiled the text, credits, etc. today. Designer Ritxi Ostariz will design the CD cover, t-shirt, etc. next week.
- Performance video: Basically done.
- Documentary film: I’m in close contact with Jack Casadone. He’s sent me his first rough “cinema verité” cut, which is almost 70 minutes long, and it already works very well. We’re deliberately going for something slow, relaxed, and real.
The gist of this is that the pressing of the CD and DVD is going to be delayed by several weeks, which, to be honest, was to be expected given the complexity of the final “product”. Overall I’m very happy with the progress we’re making, and the recording is actually exceeding my expectations by far. Everyone involved has done such an amazing job.
Thank you all again for your support! I’ll keep you posted.
p.s. We’ve recently put together a “street team” to help promote TM513, if you want to be part of it or if you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch at email@example.com
p.p.s. Please keep sharing the premiere video on social networks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffn1EfRMy8
[This was first posted on our campaign site on September 5, 2013 - Tobias]